Register Now for the STEM Cup Maths Challenge!
ATSIMA recently launched a new partnership with Day of STEM, a national initiative designed to raise awareness about the importance of STEM capabilities and improve Australia's 'National IQ' for STEM education pathways. The Day of STEM virtual platform, powered by LifeJourney, is a self-guided and self-paced online experience that allows student to explore different STEM careers through a range of industry professional.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to participate in this opportunity to interact with a STEM career.
The first part of Day of STEM kicks off during Term 3 through the STEM Cup, a sports analytics and data science focused maths challenge. The STEM Cup is based on the career of Collingwood Football Club's Capologist, Dominic Milesi. The STEM Cup aims to inspire Australians by placing them in a real world scenario, where they step into the role of the Capologist and use statistics, maths and problem solving skills to draft the ultimate team while staying beneath the AFL salary cap. Click Here To Register Now.
- STEM Cup pre-registration period opens June 18
- STEM Cup challenge begins on July 18 and runs through August 20
- Prizes will be awarded to the top students, teachers, schools and adults on August 27. Top prize includes: 'Draft Day Experience with Mentor Dom Milesi' - experience a 'money can't buy' behind-the-scenes day with Collingwood FC during Draft Week to understand exactly how and why Dom and Collingwood FC draft the next stars for Collingwood and set-up their 2017 roster.
- Invite your friends and family and keep in touch via the STEM Cup leaderboard.
The Day of STEM will send out a reminder to all pre-registered participants when the challenge opens and encouraging them to complete the STEM Cup challenge. Participants will also be informed through a fortnightly newsletter on the Day of STEM platform, STEM news, and partner activities.
Keep in touch on social media:
- Follow on Twitter (@DayofSTEM) #STEMcup & #DayofSTEM