ATSIMA vision is 'all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander learners will be successful in mathematics'.
ATSIMA is a non-profit, member based group representing organisations, Communities, associations and individuals across Australia.
What did ATSIMA do in 2018?
- STEM and STEAM camps in collaboration with NSW AECG and NSW Department of Education - a number of camps were held throughout 2018 with up to 100 students attending each camp, these camps have been a huge success with the students having the opportunity to learn STEM and STEAM subjects through a cultural lens.
- Bi-annual conference, ATSIMA 2018 was a great success with a focus on developing an Indigenous mathematics curriculum. ATSIMA 2020 is scheduled to be 'on country' North East Arnhem Land, Yirrkala, ATSIMA is working with the organising team from Yirrkala school. A save the date will be released soon.
- South Australian STEM Congress. The congress is designed and deliverd by a group of Aboriginal students, the congress was attended by around 100 Aboriginal students from yr 5-10 learning about STEM subjects through a cultural lens.
- South Australian Gifted and Talented project, workshops were run around South Australia.
- ATSIMA delivered workshops directly with schools throughout the nation.
ATSIMA has been involved in many other things during 2018.
Moving forward to 2019 ATSIMA will be continuing the momentum and work towards achieving ATSIMA vision.
JOIN with ATSIMA to help continue this momentum. You can do this by becoming a member of ATSIMA. ATSIMA needs support financially to continue this work. If you can work to help achieve ATSIMA vision and become an ATSIMA sponsor, please contact Melinda Pearson, Business Manager 0414 322 372.